Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Video: Porcupine Fends Off 17 Lions

Now this is something you don't see every day: a porcupine defending itself from not one, not two, but 17 lions.  The incredible nighttime spectacle was caught on video by Luc Beaumont, a guide at the Londolozi Game Reserve in South Africa. The porcupine can be seen using its quills to ward off 13 lionesses and four male lions at the reserve.  "As a guide I have a bucket list of various sightings that I dream of seeing," Beaumont wrote in a blog post about the unusual encounter. "The more time I spend in the bush, the more amazing things I have seen over the years, the more outrageous my bucket list seems to become. A few nights ago, I managed to tick one major sighting off my bucket list that I have been hoping, dreaming and imagining for many years."

http://tinyurl.com/q6jt442

No comments:

Post a Comment